Whether you are an entrepreneur, an actor, an employee or just wanting to up-date your social media image, think of your photos as a part of your online identity – how do you want to be seen?
Like it or not, in today’s world a photograph can the first impression a potential client or customer has of you. Your Linked In profile has a 40 percent higher chance of being clicked on if it has a photo.
Your business headshots are part of your visual branding and they send a message to your potential clients. It helps you establish a know, like and trust factor with them. Having an outdated photo – or worse a photo of you at a party or with a group of friends can make you appear unprofessional.
Whether working with a professional photographer or having your photo’s taken by a friend, here are some tips to help you prepare for your photoshoot:-
- Ensure that your clothes are freshly cleaned and pressed.
- Solid colours tend to be much more flattering in photographs than prints so stick to the basics. Basic prints are ok for ties.
- Make sure your suits are properly tailored. What feels comfortable at the office and what photographs well are very different. Any extra room in a suit will show up as weight in a photo.
- We recommend getting a haircut a week or so before your shoot so it’s exactly the way you like it.
- If you prefer a clean shaven look be sure to shave before you arrive – and don’t forget around your collar and your neck!
- Avoid any clothes with words or logos (unless a logo on your top works with your brand image)
I’ve rarely had a client, male or female, tell me that they loved having their photo taken & were completely comfortable in front of a camera. Your will not be the first to feel nervous. It’s my job to guide you through the whole process from styling to posing and to help you feel at ease and have fun!
If you’d like a 30 minute complimentary “Brand IN You” session to explore updating your images or your first ever photo-shoot please email me at email@example.com. I’d love to hear from you and learn more about you and your business.